Will you be in Barcelona this December, studying Spanish with us ? Are you still wondering what you will be doing in your free time? Here are some cool suggestions…
- Visit the World Press Photo 2023 exhibition: The most recognized photojournalism exhibition in the world, which brings together the winners works of the World Press Photophotography and digital narrative competitions, is back in Barcelona (November the 10th – December the 17th). The exhibition presents all the awarded photographs and multimedia pieces that have been chosen for their exceptional visual quality and offer different perspectives on global news.
- Get goose bumps with “The Producers”: The main characters of the story are a bankrupt producer and an accountant who plan to put on the worst musical in history to escape with the investors’ money. It won’t be easy, they’ll have to find the worst script, the worst actors, the worst team… And it may cost them more than they thought. Enjoy this adaptation of the most awarded musical in history. Tickets and more info available on the official website.
- Take a walk in the magic garden “Els llums de Sant Pau”: The Recinto Modernista de Sant Pau opens its doors every night from the 21st of November until the 14th of January for a very special walk. This place is transformed into a luminous fairy tale landscape with Christmas lights, impressive illuminated vegetation and creative light figures. Families, friends and couples can enjoy a pleasant and romantic evening on a circular route of about 1.5 kilometers long. It offers a slow break from the hustle and bustle of Christmas and draws the eye to the contemplative world at the most beautiful time of the year.
- Buy your Christmas decoration in “Fira de Santa Llúcia”… The Fira de Santa Llúcia is the oldest and most classic Christmas market in Barcelona (since 1786). At its 170 stands, which are set up in the Gothic Quarter just in front of the Cathedral, you will find handmade gifts, figures for nativity scenes and lots of traditional Christmas decoration. From the 24th of November until the 23rd, it will be the fair we all look forward to this year, a place full of greenery, the smell of the forest, nativity scenes, figurines and everything that transports us to the nostalgia of Christmas.
- …or something modern and handmade in “Festivalet Barcelona” (16th-17th of December)! Starting in 2009, Festivalet brings together a selection of the best national and international designers and craftsmen. An annual edition in December that has become a Christmas tradition for thousands of people in Barcelona. A place to buy local products directly from the creators. If you are in Barcelona in December you can’t miss it!
- Attend the Barcelona’s famous New Year’s concert at Palau de la Música Catalana, by the Strauss Festival Orchestra. Check here the prices and available dates.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve in our city! The best place to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Barcelona is at the show held on Avenida María Cristina. It is the most crowded event in the city of Barcelona, about 70,000 people gather each year to enjoy this New Year’s Eve show. At 21:30, the music begins to give life to this very special day and at 23:30 begins the pre-show of 10 minutes to warm up and prepare for the bells and the 12 grapes.