Will you be in Barcelona this October, studying Spanish with us ? Are you still wondering what you will be doing in your free time? Here are some cool suggestions…
- October means beer! The most authentic beer event in Barcelona, The Biergarten, is here again. It will take place in the Plaza Mayor of Poble Espanyol from September the 22nd to October the 1st. As in every edition, you can taste a wide range of beers and delight yourself with the German gastronomic proposals like frankfurts, bratwursts, knuckle, bretzels…. and with the best atmosphere! But that’s not all: there’ll also be various competitions such as raising of jugs, beer tasting as well as workshops, children’s games and music. It’s another great excuse to share a good time with good friends or family!
- Do you fancy a vermouth? From September the 29th to October the 1st, you can live “the vermut experience” at the Port Vell in Barcelona. There you’ll find the Fira Vermut & Soul, whose tickets are just 5€! Vermouths, beer, snacks, live music… at the harbour, what else do you need?
- Get a cool tattoo at Barcelona Tatoo Expo: The Barcelona International Tattoo Convention is held the first weekend of October. This year it brings together more than 300 artists from different styles of the tattoo world. Check it out here.
- The Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival: It is one of the most recognized cinematographic events of Europe, offering exhibitions, presentations and projections of fantasy films from all over the world, and in such a beautiful city like Sitges! Every day there’s hundreds of films projected in different locations of the town, as well as many parallel activities like table talks, contests or debates. But without a doubt the most famous one is the Sitges Zombie Walk. Get on the train and don’t hesitate to attend this fantastic festival, taking place this year October the 5th – 15th!
- Are you into design? The Barcelona Design Week 2023 is an event that aims to create connections between new design professionals and those who have already been working in the sector for years, in order to exchange points of view and opinions. From October the 16th to the 28th, the public can find there many exhibitions, open doors to creative spaces, conferences and workshops, among others.
- Try some local food at “Mercat de Mercats”: The great festival of Barcelona gastronomy will once again be installed in Plaça de les Glòries from October the 20th to the 22nd. This event hosts market stalls and offers tastings of dishes. It’s also a unique occasion to enjoy talks, lectures, and cooking shows.
- The 48h Open House Bcn: On the fourth weekend of this month (October the 21st and 22nd) Barcelona is celebrating this annual festival whose aim is to promote architecture and help people understand its meaning and importance in our culture. In order to do so, more than 200 buildings of Barcelona and surroundings organize open houses that you can visit for free!
- Celebrate “La castañada”: In many countries on October the 31st people celebrate Halloween, which in Cataluña is… La castañada! During that day, families and friends gather together to eat chestnuts, sweets made of marzipan (called “panellets”) and sweet potatoes, and drink muscatel wine. This also means that approximately 2 weeks before, many stands appear around the city that sell these products, and create a characteristic sweet smell that floods the streets. If you don’t have any plans, it is a nice occasion to have a walk in Barcelona, see how the city changes in autumn, and try our special food for this day!