Will you be in Barcelona this August, studying Spanish with us ? Are you still wondering what you will be doing in your free time? Here are some cool suggestions…
- Attend any show of the Festival Grec 2023: The most famous art festival that takes place in Barcelona every summer started in June and will be on till the beginning of August. This year the Festival programme, which includes a wide variety of shows of theatre, dancing, circus and live music, is inspired by the idea of community, and brings artistic talent from all over the world to different spots in our city. You can buy the tickets in the official site.
- Watch a movie or at the beach! “Cinema Lliure a la Platja” returns to the beach of San Sebastián, in Barceloneta. Films will be projected the first two Thursdays of August when the sun sets, that is, when it is dark enough to ensure good screen visibility, and while waiting for it, people can enjoy some music and a short film. We did it last year and like it so much! Here you have the program.
- Or also watch the first FC Barcelona match of the season: The Joan Gamper Trophy, also commonly known as “El Gamper”, is a friendly football match organized annually by FC Barcelona, used as a presentation for the culé squad at the start of each season. The men’s team will play on Tuesday the 8th at the Estadi Olímpic in Montjuic, against Tottenham Hotspur. Get the tickets here.
- Vamos a la playa! Any time you’re dying from the heat, remember that you have the whole coast of the city at your disposal! La Barceloneta, Llevant, Nova Icaria… there are many beaches where you can go and sunbathe, swim, have some drinks or just chill with your friends next to the Mediterranean Sea.
- What about a little bit of blues?! Every Wednesday night at Poble Espanyol you can enjoy the rhythm of live blues (outdoor!). You just need to buy the entry to Poble Espanyol and show up there at 20.00h ready to dance and listen to some of the most notable bands of the international blues scene.
- Party wildly at Barcelona Circuit Festival: Barcelona Circuit Festival is the biggest gay festival in Europe, an event that brings together more than 70,000 people every year, 80% of them foreigners. The festival includes a complete program of cultural, artistic and sports activities, and it has the best DJs of the moment. Without a doubt, it’s the best idea to fight the suffocating heat of the summer. This year the festival takes place from August the 5th till the 13th, but you need to decide ahead of time which parties to attend and which ones to skip. Also, an all-inclusive party bracelet is the way to go if you want to go to as many parties as possible, as individual parties can cost up to €60.
- Attend las fiestas de Gracia: Las Fiestas de Gracia is very well known in whole of Catalonia. It attracts citizens of Barcelona and many foreigners who come to the district to enjoy the summer terraces, live music and most of all, the beautifully decorated streets. From the 15th to the 21st you’ll be able to see the streets of Gracia with spectacular ornaments, prepared by the neighbors for the past months, and enjoy any event in that amazing atmosphere!
- Have a “cervecita” in a beautiful terrace: August is terrace time in Barcelona. Everyone in the city is waiting for their working day to finish so they can go to a bar to have a cold beer, which here is called “caña”. That’s why in summer all the terraces are full of people and as a result the vibe is very relaxed and chilled. Here you have a list of the best terraces of the city. Just go, grab a chair, raise your hand and say out loud: Una caña, por favor!