No plans after your Spanish course in Barcelona? Light Art Festival, Cara•B Festival, Half Marathon and much more…
Monday, 10th February
- The Illusion Museum: In this museum you can interact with large murals and immerse yourself in their fantasy worlds. The 3D illustrations are made by the best mural painters and stand out for their quality and originality. You only have to take out your camera and with a simple photo you will enter a fabulous world of illusions where children and adults will enjoy a magical experience! Open from Monday to Sunday from 10:00 to 22:00, Carrer del Pintor Fortuny 17, metro Liceu (L3).
Tuesday, 11th February
- Ekaterina Záytseva at Basílica Santa María Del Pi: Ekaterina Záytseva is a Spanish guitarist who grew up in Russia and has been living in Spain for more than a decade, where she teaches and keeps developing her professional career. Her great ability to communicate with the audience makes of her recitals remarkable events of cultural life and a must-go. Her academic musical training in the most renowned institutions of Moscow, Barcelona and The Hague combined with her inborn talent, fine taste and hard work allowed her to enter the small circle of female interpreters recognised as true masters of the Spanish guitar. Tonight at 21:00 at Basílica Santa María Del Pi, metro Liceu (L3).
Wednesday, 12th February
- Tinder live: The night of love returns to the Cronopios Club! Special “PRE SAN VALENTÍN”. We will give likes, superlikes, we will make a match (with some luck).If none of that works, our professional cupid, Marisol Rufo will energize the night proposing games and generating situations conducive to unleashing your love or, at least, to have a good time. Tonight at 20:30 at Club Cronopios, Carrer de Ferlandina, 16, metro Sant Antoni (L2).
Thursday, 13th February
- 4+1 at La Nau: 4 + 1 is an audiovisual creation project that, thanks to a collaborative team, mixes different disciplines to achieve the most complete artistic product possible. The resulting work, in video clip format, is organised in six chapters per season, where, in each of them a guest singer is presented accompanied by the 4 + 1 band.4 musicians (keyboard, guitar, bass, drums) + 1 guest singer on each theme + special guests. Tonight at 20:30 at La Nau, C/Àlaba 30, metro Bogatell (L4). Get you ticket in advance (€6).
Friday, 14th February
- Llum BCN Poble Nou: Llum BCN transforms the streets of Poblenou into a huge, open-air experimentation laboratory using light as the creative medium and the work of artists, designers and architects from all over the world who are exploring the possibilities offered by new technologies in urban spaces such as dynamic lighting, large-scale projection and interactive environments. There will be routes, transformed courtyards, light shows and an exhibition. Friday, Saturday and Sunday in various places in Poble Nou, check out the full program here. We are going with our students as well.
Saturday, 15th February
- Cara•B Festival: An independent and urban music culture festival that takes place this Friday and Saturday at the Barcelona’s Fabra i Coats Art Factory and is positioned as the main showcase of musical trends and the freshest alternative sounds of the moment. Get your tickets in advance (one day €25). Fabra i Coats Art Factory, C/de Sant Adria 20, metro Sant Andreu (L1).
Sunday, 16th February
- Mitja Marató de Barcelona: The second largest running event in Barcelona next to the Marathon. The route takes the runners from the Arc de Triomf, by the old town to the Plaça Catalunya. From there it goes down the famous Ramblas and along Avenida del Paral·lel. The runners then go to the Fòrum and along the beach again at the Parc de la Ciutadella to Arc de Triomf, which is the finishing line. Join or support! The starting time is 08:45.