Will you be in Barcelona this July, studying Spanish with us ? Are you still wondering what you will be doing in your free time? Here are some cool suggestions…
- Attend any show of the Festival Grec 2023: The most famous art festival that takes place in Barcelona every summer started in June and will be on till the beginning of August. This year the Festival programme, which includes a wide variety of shows of theatre, dancing, circus and live music, is inspired by the idea of community, and brings artistic talent from all over the world to different spots in our city. You can buy the tickets in the official site.
- Watch a movie at the Montjuïc Castle… The very well-known Sala Montjuïc Film Festival is a must if you’re spending your summer in Barcelona. From June the 30th to August the 4th, you’ll have the opportunity to sit on the grass of the astounding Montjuïc Castle with your friends, while watching a film in original version. Her, Little Miss Sunshine and Seven are some of them. What’s more, right before the film you can enjoy a live concert of jazz, soul or blues. The tickets are 7.50€ or 10.50€ with a deck chair included. But you have to hurry, because they fly! You can check the program on their website.
- … or at the beach! “Cinema Lliure a la Platja” returns to the beach of San Sebastián, in Barceloneta. Films will be projected every Thursday of July when the sun sets, that is, when it is dark enough to ensure good screen visibility, and while waiting for it, people can enjoy some music and a short film, we did it last year and it was amazing!. Again here you have the program.
- Enjoy a lovely night at Festival Jardins Pedralbes: This summer the music will not stop playing at the Pedralbes gardens because there is FES PEDRALBES, the cultural event that will fill Barcelona with music and gastronomy. It is absolutely worth it to go at least to one of the concerts, because of the beautiful garden, a wide space, in the open air, in touch with nature and with a historic appeal all concerts feel extra special. One more useful piece of advice: make sure you have some drinks before you get into the festival because they are very pricey at the festival itself and you can’t bring your drinks to your chair. Read more about it on their website.
- Live the amazing “Pride Bcn”: Barcelona Gay Pride or Orgullo Gay Barcelona attracts thousands of people from all over Spain and beyond for a weekend of fabulous events, music, workshops, pool parties, live shows, exhibitions, cultural activities and fun in the sun. But not everything is just party, this year’s edition (July the 3rd-16th) is also about the fight for freedom, dignity and respect for the LGTBIQ+ collective and to combat the stigma of HIV. Check here the program.
- Vamos a la playa! Any time you’re dying from the heat, remember that you have the whole coast of the city at your disposal! La Barceloneta, Llevant, Nova Icaria… there are many beaches where you can go and sunbathe, swim, have some drinks or just chill with your friends next to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Have dinner under the stars: you can book a night out at the Fabra Observatory during the summer months, which combines scientific dissemination with a suggestive gastronomic proposal. Dinner take place in the open air, at one of the most privileged viewpoints of the city of Barcelona. The evening begins with the dinner, and afterwards there’s a science conference. Then you can also visit the museum and enter the great dome room, where you’ll observe elements of distant constellations, stars, and a great part of the Solar System!
- What about a little bit of blues?! Every Wednesday night at Poble Espanyol you can enjoy the rhythm of live blues (outdoor!). You just need to buy the entry to Poble Espanyol and show up there at 20.00h ready to dance and listen to some of the most notable bands of the international blues scene.
- Party at BUS Terraza: BUS is a terrace located in Parc del Fòrum, right next to the Mediterranean Sea! Your food and drink are prepared in a red double decker bus parked next to the terrace. Not only good food, drinks and live music, also the place to dance! Go and visit this unique spot when you can. Check out their instagram page.