Will you be in Barcelona this August, studying Spanish with us ? Are you still wondering what you will be doing in your free time? Here are some cool suggestions…
- Vamos a la playa! Any time you are suffering from the heat, remember that you have the whole coast of the city at your disposal! La Barceloneta, Llevant, Nova Icaria… there are many beaches where you can go and sunbathe, swim, have some drinks or just chill with your friends next to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Enjoy a jazz concert in a romantic atmosphere: The Café Vienés is transformed every Thursday night from 9pm to 11pm to an exclusive Jazz Club. And to make the experience even more unique, the evening with the best jazz music in Barcelona is accompanied by a varied gastronomic offer.
- Take a walk through the most famous flea market in Barcelona: Fleadonia is the Raval street market, a market in the heart of our city. Every first Sunday of the month (in this case August 7th) in Plaza Salvador Seguí in front of the Filmoteca de Catalunya. A Sunday of recycling, vintage, second-hand, new creations by artisans, painters, sculptors, designers, illustrators… and, incidentally, an excellent opportunity to enjoy the most interesting bars and terraces in the Raval.
- Attend las fiestas de Gracia: Las Fiestas de Gracia is very well known in whole of Catalonia. It attracts citizens of Barcelona and many foreigners who come to the district to enjoy the summer terraces, live music and most of all, the beautifully decorated streets. From the 15th to the 22nd you’ll be able to see the streets of Gracia with spectacular ornaments, prepared by the neighbors for the past months, and enjoy any event in that amazing atmosphere!
- What about a little bit of blues?! Every Wednesday night at Poble Espanyol you can enjoy the rhythm of live blues (in an outdoor setting!). You just need to buy the entry to Poble Espanyoland show up there at 20.00h ready to dance and listen to some of the most notable bands of the international blues scene.
- Party wildly at Barcelona Circuit Festival: Barcelona Circuit Festival is the biggest gay festival in Europe, an event that brings together more than 70,000 people every year, 80% of them foreigners. The festival includes a complete program of cultural, artistic and sports activities. It has the best DJs of the moment and many parties such as the incredible one in the water park (Water Park Party). Without a doubt, it is the best idea to fight the suffocating heat of the summer. This year the festival takes place from August the 6th till the 14th, but you need to decide ahead of time which parties to attend and which ones to skip. Also, an all-inclusive party bracelet is the way to go if you want to go to as many parties as possible, as individual parties can cost up to €60.
- Have a “cervecita” in a beautiful terrace: August is terrace time in Barcelona. Everyone in the city is waiting for their working day to finish so they can go to a bar to have a cold beer, which here is called “caña”. That’s why in summer all the terraces are full of people and as a result the vibe is very relaxed and chilled. Here you have a list of the best terraces of the city. Just go, grab a chair, raise your hand and say out loud: Una caña, por favor!
- Watch the first FC Barcelona match of the season: The Joan Gamper Trophy, also commonly known as “El Gamper”, is a friendly football match organized annually by FC Barcelona, used as a presentation for the culé squad at the start of each season. The men’s team will play on Sunday the 7th at 8pm at the Spotify Camp Nou against Club Universidad Nacional de México, known as the Pumas, while the women’s team will play a few days later, on the 23th, at 8pm against Montpellier Hérault Sport Club, at the Johan Cruyff Stadium in the Ciudad Deportiva. Get the tickets here.