Will you be in Barcelona this July, studying Spanish with us ? Are you still wondering what you will be doing in your free time? Here are some cool suggestions…
- Vamos a la playa! Any time you’re dying from the heat, remember that you have the whole coast of the city at your disposal! La Barceloneta, Llevant, Nova Icaria… there are many beaches where you can go and sunbathe, swim, have some drinks or just chill with your friends next to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Spend an afternoon at Camping Bcn: No, it’s not a camping where you can put your tent, it’s a Chiringuito in park del Poble Nou with a nice green field in front. Sit down and relax, have a vermouth or borrow a basketball and try to throw an Air-ball on the basketball field next door. It opens every day until 11pm in Calle de Carmen Amaya 18, metro Llacuna (L4).
- What about a little bit of blues?! Every Wednesday night at Poble Espanyol you can enjoy the rhythm of live blues (outdoor!). You just need to buy the entry to Poble Espanyol and show up there at 20.00h ready to dance and listen to some of the most notable bands of the international blues scene.
- Attend any show of the Festival Grec 2022: The most famous art festival that takes place in Barcelona every summer started in June and will be on till the end of July. This year the Festival programme, which includes a wide variety of shows of theatre, dancing, circus and live music, is inspired by Europe and brings artistic talent from all over the world to different spots in our city. You can buy the tickets in the official site.
- Watch a movie at the Montjuïc Castle… The very well-known Sala Montjuïc Film Festival is a must if you’re spending your summer in Barcelona. From July the 1st to August the 5th, you’ll have the opportunity to sit on the grass of the astounding Montjuïc Castle with your friends, while watching a film in original version. West Side Story, Interstellar, Call me by your name and Grease are some of them. What’s more, right before the film you can enjoy a live concert of jazz, soul or blues. The tickets are 7.50€ or 10.50€ with a deck chair included. But you have to hurry, because they fly!
- … or at the beach! “Cinema Lliure a la Platja” returns to the beach of San Sebastián, in Barceloneta. Films will be projected every Thursday of July when the sun sets, that is, when it is dark enough to ensure good screen visibility, and while waiting for it, people can enjoy some music and a short film. Here you have the program.
- Enjoy a lovely night at Festival Jardins Pedralbes: This summer the music will not stop playing at the Pedralbes gardens because there is FES PEDRALBES, the cultural event that will fill Barcelona with music and gastronomy. It is absolutely worth it to go at least to one of the concerts, because of the beautiful garden, a wide space, in the open air, in touch with nature and with a historic appeal all concerts feel extra special. One more useful piece of advice: make sure you have some drinks before you get into the festival because they are very pricey at the festival itself and you can’t bring your drinks to your chair. Read more about it on their website.
- Party at BUS Terraza: BUS is a terrace located in Parc del Fòrum, right next to the Mediterranean Sea! Your food and drink are prepared in a red double decker bus parked next to the terrace. Not only good food, drinks and live music, also the place to dance! Go and visit this unique spot when you can. Check out their instagram page.