Will you be in Barcelona this May, studying Spanish with us ? Are you still wondering what you will be doing in your free time? Here are some cool suggestions…
- Enjoy a show of flamenco: “Ciutat Flamenco” (May the 20th-29th) is one of the main flamenco events in Barcelona. It works as a meeting platform offering a week full of flamenco activities that offers concerts, workshops, courses, audiovisual projections, competitions and many more. Check the program here.
- Attend the Salón Internacional del Cómic de Barcelona: The 40th edition (May the 6th-8th) of this fair is one of the most important events in the city. It offers a wide space with firsts, great guests, editorial presentations, contests, science fiction and fantasy comics, and also sections related to the world of cinema, television and video games. For four days, fans cannot miss this great event that always offers a great atmosphere for the visitor. You have to visit the Salón del Comic at least once in your life!
- Visit Museums:The museums are now open with a 100% capacity. ¡CCCB, MACBA, Picasso, Joan Miró, CosmoCaixa are worth a visit!
- Get goose bumps with “A Chorus Line”: In an empty theater, on an empty stage, the casting for a new Broadway musical takes place. For a group of dancers, it’s the moment of their lives, the opportunity to do what they have always dreamed of: dance! This musical (one of the most important of all time) tells us stories of dreams that will captivate us throughout the entire show. You can watch it now in Barcelona during the whole month. Tickets and more info available on the official website.
- Watch a match of the Barcelona Polo Challenge Cup: Experience the live show of one of the oldest sports in the world, where speed and the rider-horse relationship make the difference in the game. The Real Club de Polo de Barcelona hosts the 54th edition of the International Polo Tournament, the Barcelona Polo Challenge Negrita Cup. Three matches a day, over two weekends (May the 13rd-15th and 21st-22nd), that will face six teams made up of players from all over the world. Check it out here.
- Discover an art space in Poblenou: The Poblenou Open Day, which will take place on Saturday the 7th, proposes a program of free activities and special promotions around art, creativity, gastronomy and performing arts and music, with more than 150 open spaces. It’s a unique opportunity to get to know places in this neighbourhood that are normally closed to the public, and to discover art galleries, creation centers, artist studios, advertising agencies, audiovisual production companies and gastronomic spaces. Be there at 12 am and have a fantastic day!
- Enter a museum for free… and at night! This May the 14th Barcelona celebrates the “La noche de los museos”, in which 75 cultural centers will open free from mid-afternoon until nightfall, offering a different way of seeing the exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, as well as the opportunity to enjoy activities for all ages, such as family workshops, live performances and guided tours. You can visit a large number of entities specialized in art, archaeology, history, authors, ethnology, paleontology, ceramics, zoology, cinema, design and much more.
- Take a walk at the Barcelona Modernist Fair: The 16th edition of this unique fair (May the 27th, 28th and 29th) will be dedicated to the modernist painter Hermen Anglada Camarasa. It will be held at Carrer Girona between Diagonal and València, mainly, and at the other usual spaces such as the Mercat de la Concepción, with different activities open to the public.