Are you in Barcelona in July to learn Spanish with us but you wonder what you can do in your free time? Although there will still be a lot of things different this summer, you won’t be bored for a moment! Here are some cool suggestions…
(All events in this blog post observe the COVID-19 security measures.)
- Watch a thrilling UEFA EURO football match: The UEFA European Championship 2020 last stage takes place this month and brings Europe’s best national teams together. Do just like we did with our students at the Spain – Croatia match: go to a sports bar, grab a chair and prepare to watch a match with a cracking atmosphere. Here you have a list of the top nine sports bars in Barcelona
- The SALA MONTJUIC FILM FESTIVAL is back! This very well-known festival is a must if you’re spending your summer in Barcelona. From July the 2nd to August the 6th, you’ll have the opportunity to sit on the grass of the astounding Montjuïc Castle with your friends, while watching a film in original version. Amélie, Joker, Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Little Women are some of them. What’s more, right before the film you can enjoy a live concert of jazz, soul or blues. The tickets are 7.50€ or 10.50€ with a deck chair included. But you have to hurry, because they fly! You can check the programme on their website.
- Visit Museums: The museums are open with a 70% capacity. ¡CCCB, MACBA, Picasso, Joan Miró, Cosmo Caixa are worth a visit!
- Vamos a la playa! any time you’re dying from the heat, remember that you have the whole coast of the city at your disposal! La Barceloneta, Llevant, Nova Icaria… there are many beaches where you can go and sunbathe, swim, have some drinks or just chill with your friends next to the Mediterranean sea.
- Human Bodies The Exhibition: at the Arenas Shopping Centre you’ll find the exhibition, which includes over 150 organs and 12 human bodies and costs between 7 and 12 € (depending on the day). It’s an amazing opportunity to discover the secrets of our different body systems and see the human anatomy as you’ve never seen it before. Once you’re done with the visit, we bet you’re gonna start to look after your body a little bit more!
- What about a little bit of blues? Every Wednesday night at Poble Espanyol you can enjoy the rhythm of live blues (outdoor!). You just need to buy the night entry to Poble Espanyol and show up there at 21.00h ready to dance and listen to some of the most notable bands of the international blues scene.
- Festival Grec 2021: The most famous art festival that takes place in Barcelona every summer started in June and will be on till the end of July. This year the Festival programme, which includes a wide variety of shows of theatre, dancing, circus and live music, is inspired by Africa and bringing artistic talent from all over the world to different spots in our city. You can buy the tickets in the official site.
- Only from the 7th till the 18th of July, Swan Lake: the masterpiece of Tchaikovsky brought to Barcelona by the incredibly talented director Timur Fayzev and his dancers. No more description needed. Just go the site of the theatre, get the tickets, and brace yourself for the most breathtaking ballet show ever…