No plans after your Spanish course online? Here you have some fun and interesting stay-at-home-activities for the upcoming week…
- Watch ¨Dolor y Gloria¨on Netflix: A film by Pedro Almodóvar. A film director reflects on the choices he’s made as past and present come crashing down around him. Put it in the original version with Spanish subtitles to practise. Prepare some palitos de maíz in the microwave to get the cinema real feeling.
- Boardgames at home: Play some good old fashioned boardgames with your housemates. Quién es quién is a perfect game to practise your Spanish! Or those story telling dices (you can get them at Tiger or make them yourself) is a very good way to try and tell a story in Spanish. And if you want to stretch those legs…Twister is a good one! ¨Mano izquierda en azul¨!!
- Visit a museum while you are at home: Its not the same as in real life, but still worth to have a look. 10 museums to visit while at home: virtual tour and online collections:1. Pinacoteca di Brera – Milano
2. Galleria degli Uffizi – Firenze
3. Musei Vaticani – Roma
4. Museo Archeologico – Atene
5. Prado – Madrid
6. Louvre – Parigi
7. British Museum – Londra
8. Metropolitan Museum – New York
9. Hermitage – San Pietroburgo
10. National Gallery of art – Washington
- Read a Spanish book: Try to read a book in Spanish, depending on your level this isn’t always easy. You could choose a book you already read in your mother language. For example ¨La sombra del viento¨ (The Shadow of the wind) from Carlos Ruiz Zafón. You can try to get this book from the many second hand bookshops we have in the city. Reading this book you will feel like if you are walking through the Barcelona streets in the 1930s.
- Karaoke in Spanish: Find some great Spanish songs on you tube along with the lyrics and sing along as if you are on stage. Despacito, Bailando, Loca for example.
- Get creative: You can find a lot of cool craft ideas on Pinterest. Or paint this armario you wanted to pimp for years but never got around to do so.
- Make fluffy pancakes for breakfast: Get up early and try to make those pancakes you love so much from your favourite brunch cafe. Its not that hard. I used this recipe recently and they tasted delicious.