No plans after your Spanish course in Barcelona? Be a bartender for one night, Nit de Passeig de Gracia, Estació Disseny and much more…
Monday, 16th December
- Visit the Encants Market: When you don’t have much money to spend but you still need get some original presents for Christmas, this is your market! Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 8:30 until 15:00 the vendors stall out their stuff under the huge mirror roof of the Encants market. Don’t miss the biggest flea market of Barcelona! You can find everything here, antique, vintage, new. Mercat dels Encants, Avenida Meridiana 69, metro Glories (L1). During our Poble Nou tour with students we always visit this market.
Tuesday, 17th December
Be a Bartender for the night + Free cocktail: Be bartender for the night, every Tuesday from 20:00 until late! Get behind the bar, learn to prepare your own cocktail and have it for FREE! This event happens exclusively in Las Cuevas, so if you are looking to get into bartender’s shoes and get the cocktail you prepare for FREE, stop by every Tuesday! Las Cuevas de los Rajahs, c/ Gignas 2, metro Jaume I and Barceloneta (L4).
Wednesday, 18th December
- ¡Miercoloko!: Imagine yourself in Mexico at Tacos Tacos. Bring your family and friends and enjoy some good tacos and drinks in a very Mexican atmosphere! Only on Wednesdays, Tacos 1,50€, Caña 1€, Tequila 1€, Margaritas 3€, you wish it was Wednesday every day. Visit us at our 2 restaurants, Tapioles, Carrer de Tapioles 9, metro Parellel (L2 and L3) and Tamarit, Carrer de Tamarit 85, metro Poble Sec (L3).
Thursday, 19th December
- La Nit de Passeig de Gracia: A night of shopping, gastronomy and culture on the most prestigious and emblematic promenade of Barcelona.
The Night of Passeig de Gràcia will fill this emblematic route with activities and surprises just before the Christmas holidays. The Night will take place from 19:00 until midnight, from Carrer Casp to the Jardines de Gràcia. There will be five stages dedicated to different musical styles such as swing, gospel, rock and urban music. And attendees will find a technological art installation with 7,200 LED lights that synchronize with the music and that will create an immersive experience while the public walks inside.
Friday, 20th December
Exhibition Gameplay Video Game Culture: “Gameplay” journeys to the origins of video games, analyses their language and highlights the impact they have had on popular digital culture and on art and society. The exhibition is designed as a space for recreation and reflection where visitors can play and (re)discover video game culture. From 19 December until 03 May at CCCB, Montalegre 5, metro Universidad (L1 and L2)
Saturday, 21th December
- Estació Disseny Barcelona: For local emerging designers, fashion, interior design, music, gastronomy, art, etc … Espai Moritz Disseny: The best emerging brands in Barcelona will present their summer / fall proposals. Gastronomic Space: Gastronomic area with many different proposals to surprise this Christmas.
Saturday and Sunday December 21 and 22 from 11.00 to 20:00 at Estació de França, Avda. Marqués de l’argentera s/n, Metro Barceloneta (L4).
Sunday, 22th December
- Christmas at Poble Espanyol: Enjoy the school holidays at Poble Espanyol! From 21st to 29th December the doors of this emblematic enclosure will be open to celebrate the magic of Christmas.
On these dates, children will be able to deliver their Christmas list to Santa´s Grotto (from 21st to 24th December) or to Their Majesties the Three Kings of the East (from 21st to 29th December). Magic, joy and enthusiasm will fill the streets of the Poble where there will be activities for the whole family. Poble Espanyol, Av. Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, 13 , metro Plaza España (L1 and L3).