No plans after your Spanish course in Barcelona? Digital Arts Festival, Vegan Pro Animal Fair, Van Van Antiga Fàbrica Damm and much more…
Monday, 04th November
- Africa World Cycle 2019: New trends in literature, music and international cooperation
Africa World Cycle. From today until the 30th of November. Come to see the latest African cultural trends. Free activities for all ages. Africa moves, and you? During the month of November, the Vila de Gràcia library has programmed a series of activities on the African continent with the common denominator of wanting to publicize the latest trends in literature, music and ways of doing international cooperation in Africa. Biblioteca Vila de Gràcia, Carrer del Torrent de l’Olla 104, metro Fontana L3.
Tuesday, 05th November
- MIRA Digital Arts Festival:Welcome to the ninth edition of MIRA Digital Arts Festival, set to take place from today until the 9th of November in various spaces in Barcelona.
This year we want to explore the importance of art and technology as instruments of protest and as tools for converting thought into action, to reshape our future and demand transformation by strengthening change as individuals. More Info & Tickets at www.mirafestival.com
Wednesday, 06th November
- Die Frau unter der Laterne: A personal project of ESTHER S (Berlin) which started appearing on Barcelona’s downtown music scene in 2013.
In the style of the Berliner Kabarett of the 20s and 30s, reinterpret songs written between the two World Wars. The songs are performed in their original languages: German, Yiddish and French.
Historical shots of Berlin from this mid-war period are projected throughout the performance, transporting the audience to that era. ¨Die Frau unter der Laterne¨(whose title was inspired by the poetry of ¨Lili Marleen¨) is a performance infused with beauty and sensuality. Tonight at 21:00 at NINA, Plaça del Sol 21, metro Fontana (L3)
Thursday, 07th November
La Ruta del Pincho – Carrer de Blai: In addition to being known for its beautiful places and history, Barcelona is known for its gastronomy. Los pinchos, a tradition that comes from the north, has reached the Mediterranean, and on this route we want to take you through the best restaurants. Every Thursday, in Carrer de Blai organises a pintxo route. Each venue participating has its own personality and charm. Come and enjoy a pintxo + a drink for € 2 in Carrer de Blai, metro Para•lel (L2 and L3) More information here.
Friday, 08th November
- Meet people and dance Salsa: Meet people on a fun Friday afternoon. We meet every Friday to have fun while dancing to the salsa rhythm. Then whoever wants to stay for dinner in the same room and extend the night until 23:00 in a very festive atmosphere.
We invite you to join us. € 7 (Entrance + 1h start salsa workshop + consumption). Today at 20:00 at La Folie, Sant Antoni Maria Claret 514, metro La Sagrera (L1 and L5).
Saturday, 09th November
- 1st VEGAN PRO Animal FAIR: The purpose of this event is the charity fundraising for Sanctuaries and Antispecist Associations dedicated to the protection, care and rescue of animals. This edition, everything we can sell for food (provided by Vegaterra), drinks, and participation in the workshops held at the event and merchandising will go to Refugio La Candela. We will publish the other sanctuaries / associations that will participate, as well as the activities or workshops we will have. Admission is free, all furry friends are welcome! Today at 12:00 at Casa De La Solidaritat, Vistalegre 15, metro Sant Antoni (L2).
Sunday, 10th November
Van Van Antiga Fàbrica Damm: After the success of the April edition, we return to the Old Estrella Damm Factory on November 9 and 10. With Concerts, Luxury chefs and their Latin proposals and of course lots of food trucks.
We will have Milla’s Lunch workshops (Learn to make a healthy dish for the office), ÏNTA (Workshop of Hallacas) and METL (How to make the perfect taco) you can sign up here> http://bit.ly/talleresbarcelona2019
More info here.