No plans after your Spanish course in Barcelona? Ballet from Montreal, Música Viva de Vic, La Mercé and much more…
Monday, 16th September
- Spanish classes in the evening: Are you living, or planning to live, in Barcelona and think you still have some time and energy left after work, internship or (Erasmus) studies? Make your time worthwhile and come learn Spanish with Linguaschools Barcelona! We have a new part-time Spanish course starting in the week of 23 September 2019 so there is still time to sign up. Linguaschools Barcelona, Pasage Permanyer 17, metro Passeig de Gracia and Girona (L4).
Tuesday, 17th September
Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal: From the dark to the light, from Pergolesi to Beethoven in a suggestive double dance of contemporary ballet. Tonight at 20:00 at Teatre Liceu, Rambla 51-59, metro Liceu (L3).
Wednesday, 18th September
- Mercat de Música Viva de Vic: From today and for five days every September since 1989, the city of Vic has brought together representatives of all areas of music from around the world to see new developments, attend forums, exchange their knowledge and buy and sell music. The Vic Live Music Market is an essential reference point for anyone who wants to discover the sounds that are being heard, mainly in Catalonia, Spain and around the Mediterranean basin, but also in the rest of the world. Get your tickets here. You can get the bus (e12) to Vic from plaza Universidad, it takes you about 1,5 hours.
Thursday, 19th September
- Tango Marathon: Over 30 hours of the best Tango music and a lot of dancing. The marathon starts on 20th September 2019 at 19:00 and ends on 22nd September 2019 at 19:00. The PRE-PARTY is today the 19th of September in Casa Valencia Milonga from 22:00 to 02:00. The AFTER-PARTY will take place in Milonga del Angel on Sunday 22th of September from 20:00 pm to 2:00 am. More info here.
Friday, 20th September
- La Mercé 2019: The great festival of tradition. La Mercè festival as you know it today came into being in the early 20th century, when the celebrations became a compendium of Catalan traditions. A hundred years later, you can discover the wealth of Barcelona’s festival iconography, stroll among giants and dragons and immerse yourselves in a world of traditions. This festival takes place in the whole city and today is the last day. Check the full program here. You can also download the App called: la Mercè.
Saturday, 21th September
- BAM at La Mercé: The new sounds of pop, rock, hip-hop and electronic music have a prominent place in this music festival. Go and listen to the free concerts and you can be sure that you will discover a new favourite band. From the 20th until the 23th of September. Check the times of all the concerts around town. You can also download the App called: BAM.
Sunday, 22th September
Estació Disseny: A market with fashion, design, gastronomy, food trucks, and plants in the hall of Estación de Francia. Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 to 21:00. metro Barceloneta (L4).